woensdag 20 februari 2019

WDW Marathon Weekend: 5K, day 1 of Dopey!

The alarm goes off at 2:50. Yesssss, we get to run a 5K! I have no trouble at all to get up this early, I think we had about 4,5hours of sleep. That's enough for now. The night before we laid down our outfits and breakfast, so we didn't have to think much at this hour. We left our room at 3:15AM and got the first bus. There weren't many people on it yet.

I saw the character list for the 5K before the race, so that really helped us to decide which character stop we would take.




It's such a party to be here! I love everything about runDisney races in the States, so much entertainment. Paris, please take note....Pre race photo with Dopey ofcourse!

The start was at 5:30, we were both in corral A. We started at 5:39AM and it was quite chilly! We ran with a vest for quite some time and were happy with the long tights. Our tactic? Run from character to character!


What also is different from the Paris races are the national anthem which is sung every race and the fireworks. I promised John lots of it, because Wine and Dine had it... What did we get? Poof, poof, poof, that's it! Whoops, hopefully the other days will be better,
Off we gooooooo!

First bit is from the Epcot parking Lot to testtrack. First characterstop: Atta and Flik, we have never met her, so we knew we would stop for them!


Milemarkers for the 5K are a bit boring...
 The Happy Camper Vikings xD Line was so short, so I guess we would stop ;-)

 Pinokkio wasn't on the list, but we get to meet him all the time in Paris, just like Genie. So we skipped them. I do love the backgrounds they have here!

Yeah, we run in sync.

 Backstage! Skyliner being build.
Pace 15:05min/mile, not too bad right?
Scottish Goofy! I didn't even think about being dressed as Goofy myself, I just loved his outfit and had to stop. Later I realised it a pic with two Goofys!


And we will never skip Donald, and John just had to have this picture ofcouse!

 Don't just fly, soar!
Finished in the dark! Finish line was pretty crowded, so I am supprised the pics came out this good.

Yes! Race nummer 1 is in the pocket! This was so much fun! It's so cool to run through Epcot in the dark, with the torches on. Great characters, short lines.

Our time: 1hour and 10min, we could have done more stops! But we were happy with the stops we have done. It was one of our fasted runDisney 5Ks ;-)

Post race photos! I took a picture with Dopey after every race! And it was Oswald's race, and he would only be here for the 5K, so ofcourse we had to meet him too. I kind of regretted not asking him to sign my medal. Got all the other ones signed....



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten